Leadership Team/Church Council/Administrative Board
The church council is the administrative agency of the charge conference to envision, plan, implement, and annually evaluate the ministry of the congregation.
Responsibilities of the Committee
- The leadership team is accountable to the charge conference and serves as the executive agency of the charge conference between meetings to oversee the administration and ministry of the congregation.
- The team determines God’s call to the congregation for ministry that is transformative.
- The team initiates planning, establishes goals, implements action plans, and evaluates effectiveness for congregational ministries of nurture, outreach, witness, and administration.
- The team strategizes so that the congregation makes disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- The team works with the committee on staff/pastor-parish relations and the committee on nominations and leader development for effective pastoral, staff, and lay leadership.
- The team recommends to the charge conference the compensation, housing needs, and benefits for the pastor(s) and other staff after receiving recommendations from the committee on staff/pastor-parish relations.
- The team fills leadership vacancies between meetings of the charge conference upon the recommendation of the committee on nominations and leader development.
- The team provides for financial support, physical facilities, and the legal obligations of its local congregation.
- The team maintains the congregation’s connection with appropriate district and annual conference programs and structures.