Leadership Team/Church Council/Administrative Board
The church council is the administrative agency of the charge conference to envision, plan, implement, and annually evaluate the ministry of the congregation.
This committee meets every other month
Responsibilities of the Committee
- The leadership team is accountable to the charge conference and serves as the executive agency of the charge conference between meetings to oversee the administration and ministry of the congregation.
- The team determines God’s call to the congregation for ministry that is transformative.
- The team initiates planning, establishes goals, implements action plans, and evaluates effectiveness for congregational ministries of nurture, outreach, witness, and administration.
- The team strategizes so that the congregation makes disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world.
- The team works with the committee on staff/pastor-parish relations and the committee on nominations and leader development for effective pastoral, staff, and lay leadership.
- The team recommends to the charge conference the compensation, housing needs, and benefits for the pastor(s) and other staff after receiving recommendations from the committee on staff/pastor-parish relations.
- The team fills leadership vacancies between meetings of the charge conference upon the recommendation of the committee on nominations and leader development.
- The team provides for financial support, physical facilities, and the legal obligations of its local congregation.
- The team maintains the congregation’s connection with appropriate district and annual conference programs and structures.